Hello,

I have an windows2000 server and 2 windows xp clients. One of those clients (a laptop ) can not be reached, ping is not possible. The other way
around from the laptop, i can ping to the server and the other client. I have tried to setup a home network with windows xp and everything seems ok. [IMG]http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/images/smiles/frown.gif[/IMG]

Who can help me out here?

Thnx!

one problem would be there is misconfigured ip, try to chek the ip of your laptop and make sure the right info. is there.

All computers are connected to a wireless router all with wireless connections. I can connect to internet with all computers. Everything looks ok when i check with ipconfig, different ip numbers and same subnetmask and same gateway. Where could the problem be ?

:-|

Have you totally disabled all firewall software on all machines while performing your troubleshooting? If you can't even ping a machine, it's often a question of blocking by a firewall.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.