When I try to add a user to become the Admin, I get this error

The user can not be added because the following error has occurred:
The trust relatioship between the workstation and the primary domain has failed

Anyone have any idea what this means?

Are you trying to add an existing domain user to become the administrator on your workstation? Or are you trying to create a new user in the domain? Or are you trying to create a new local user? Are you running xp pro in a domain environment? What kind of domain?

Are you trying to add an existing domain user to become the administrator on your workstation? Or are you trying to create a new user in the domain? Or are you trying to create a new local user? Are you running xp pro in a domain environment? What kind of domain?

Sorry I wansn't clear on that...
It is a user that has been added to the domain, and I am adding them as an administrator to the local machine.

Seems to me this was a headache if the domain controller was 2003 server and you didn't create the user account at the same time you joined the computer to the domain. I did it, but I don't remember how right now. Sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.