hi I''m currently making a flash AS3 game (didnt focus on the graphics yet just want to have a good start on my game)

so yeah the idea is that this will look like something like this...

I'll add my .as and .fla files below so you can have a look at whats made till nowand maybe give me some additional tips what I should change to make it work better ifit doesnt >.<

so back to the point :P
I've stumbled upon a point when I couldnt find a tutorial that would explain what i was searching for . I was searching for a tutorial that could explain How to make the time count up how many seconds a player spent before he died.

I also want it to display on the "lose" screen

my apologies for my bad English and thanks for the help

greetz

Really, you should try to learn AS3 before you try to make a game.
To count:

//make a number variable:
var counter = 0;
//you don't need to make this two variables, but I write
//it for you to make it easier to understand:
var FPS = 40 //How many frames per seconds your document has
var loseScreenFrame = 3 //On what frame the lose screen is
//make it count:
/pseudo, cause I only know AS2:
onEnterFrame {
counter ++; //makes the var counter increase with 1 every frame.
}
//in the win/lose menu: showing how long the player lasted:
myTextField.text = counter/FPS + "seconds"; //write the seconds to a textfield, (convert counter to seconds (by dividing with FPS))

//to go to the loose frame:
gotoAndStop(loseScreenFrame); //go to and stop on the frame that the lose screen is on.

This is very basic, and i hope it helps!

hi I''m currently making a flash AS3 game (didnt focus on the graphics yet just want to have a good start on my game)

so yeah the idea is that this will look like something like this...

I'll add my .as and .fla files below so you can have a look at whats made till nowand maybe give me some additional tips what I should change to make it work better ifit doesnt >.<

so back to the point :P
I've stumbled upon a point when I couldnt find a tutorial that would explain what i was searching for . I was searching for a tutorial that could explain How to make the time count up how many seconds a player spent before he died.

I also want it to display on the "lose" screen

my apologies for my bad English and thanks for the help

greetz

I'm just learning Flash, but I recall looking at this site recently and seeing some AS3 code regarding timers. Take a look: http://flashgameu.com/

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017
var min:int;
var sec:int;
var losetime:Boolean=false;
var timer:Timer = new Timer(1000);
timer.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER, clock);
timer.start();

function clock(e:TimerEvent):void{
	sec++;
	if (sec>59) {
		min++;
		sec=0;
	}
	if (losetimer==true) timer.stop();
	trace("Min:Sec - " + min+":"+sec);
}

Hope its helps!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.