Hi friends,
I am using Netbeans 6.0.1 and I've installed MySql on Fedora 8...I 've been able to configure the jdbc-MySql connector that's bundled with Netbeans and I can create tables and query MySql using the Netbeans GUI.So I guess my connection was correct...My connection properties are as follows:

Database URL - jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test
Driver - com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

But when I execute the code below I get a ClassNotFoundException:

code:

Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");			                    con=DriverManager.getConnection(url,"root","<pwd>");     
    	    Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
    	    ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("select * from login");

while(rs.next())
    			{
    				DbUserName=rs.getString("Username");
    				DbPassword = rs.getString("Password");
    				System.out.println(DbUserName);
                                 System.out.println(DbPassword);
    			}
    		}
    		catch(Exception d)
    		{
    				System.out.println("" + d);
    		}	
        }

I get the following output:

init:
deps-jar:
compile:
run:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 4 seconds)

Any pointers to what I am doing wrong will be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance...

You'll need to add the jdbc driver jar to your project properties under Libraries. You can access those under the File menu or by right-clicking the project in the Projects window.

Hi Ezzaral...Thanks for your reply...Yes I got to the project properties page.By "jdbc driver" you mean the mysql-jdbc connector jar I believe...Am I right?

Yes.

Hello Ezzaral..I tried it but it gives the same error message.I extracted the tar.gz file that I downloaded and added the folder to the list of source packages in the project properties..please help...Thanks.

You need to add the jar file to the Libraries for the project.

I did it and it worked like magic.Thank you very much.Will this be enough also for web apps...because I noticed the jar files in the classes tab of tomcat6.0 and the connector jar is missing... as opposed to the list displayed in the below url
http://blogs.sun.com/larry/entry/mysql_connector_j_jdbc_driver1

Should I add the connector jar to that list too?...To get a web app working...Thanks...

If your Tomcat installation doesn't have that jar then yes you'll probably have to add it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.