I understand that visual studio has a nmake tool for building a project from a makefile.
What I want to do is to be able to build my project outside the Visual Studio IDE, from command line using nmake.
I found some tutorials about writing a windows makefile for nmake, but I think visual studio should be able to do this automaticlly.
So, my question is, how do I generate this makefile from visual studio 2005? Of course, if that is possible

thx in advance

Microsoft discontinued that feature with 2005. It was replaced by VCBuild.exe, which uses the solution file.

Why is that I am not able to understand what you are talking? I was never thought about MAKEFILE :( What is a makefile?

Why is that I am not able to understand what you are talking? I was never thought about MAKEFILE :( What is a makefile?

A makefile is a text file that tells a compile how to compile and link a program. Tutorial here.

A makefile is a text file that tells a compile how to compile and link a program. Tutorial here.

Thank you:) I'll read it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.