Hi Guys,

I have written a program in VB 6 wherein I want to delete a particular record from MS Access Database Table. I noticed that the record does not get deleted immediately. Only after I close the recordset it disappears. I have a Delete Command Button in a Form that deletes a particular record. After deletion, when I browse the records in the table I noticed that the record has not been deleted. It is only when I close the Form which closes the recordset to that table and when I reopen the recordset I notice that the record gets deleted then. My code is as follows.

Conn.Execute "DELETE FROM <tablename> WHERE FIELD1 = '" & cmdField1.Text & "'"

where Conn is set to a New Connection. So what I did was close the recordset and then reopen it again soon after the above command is executed as follows.

Rs.Close
Rs.Open "SELECT * FROM <tablename> ORDER BY FIELD1", Conn, , , cmdTable

Please let me know if I am doing this the right way or is there any other method of solving this issue? But I want to use the Connection.Execute command only.

Please help. Thanks.
SPereira

HI,

To Refresh the Recordset you can use the ReQuery which the query executes again to get the proper results.

Shailaja:)

Hi Guys,

I have written a program in VB 6 wherein I want to delete a particular record from MS Access Database Table. I noticed that the record does not get deleted immediately. Only after I close the recordset it disappears. I have a Delete Command Button in a Form that deletes a particular record. After deletion, when I browse the records in the table I noticed that the record has not been deleted. It is only when I close the Form which closes the recordset to that table and when I reopen the recordset I notice that the record gets deleted then. My code is as follows.

where Conn is set to a New Connection. So what I did was close the recordset and then reopen it again soon after the above command is executed as follows.

Rs.Close
Rs.Open "SELECT * FROM <tablename> ORDER BY FIELD1", Conn, , , cmdTable

Please let me know if I am doing this the right way or is there any other method of solving this issue? But I want to use the Connection.Execute command only.

Please help. Thanks.
SPereira

try to use this

conn.begintrans
conn.committrans

Hi Shailaja,

Thanks alot. The ReQuery option did the trick. Now I can move on with ease.

C Ya.

HI,

To Refresh the Recordset you can use the ReQuery which the query executes again to get the proper results.

Shailaja:)

HI

Give the Follwing Cmds

Con.Begintrans
Con.execute "Delete From Table Where Cond..."
Con.Commitrans

Hi

I did try the begintrans / committrans but it somehow didn't work out. But the Requery option did work.

Thanks anyway.

hi!:(
I'm Ariah,
I got problem with vb 6.0 codes to delete records from tables, w/c I used MS Access 2003 as my database. Can u please help me in coding? just give me a very simple code for this, without using any modules. . . ok? thanks a lot! hope u can help me too. . .
good day!

hi!:(
I'm Ariah,
I got problem with vb 6.0 codes to delete records from tables, w/c I used MS Access 2003 as my database. Can u please help me in coding? just give me a very simple code for this, without using any modules. . . ok? thanks a lot! hope u can help me too. . .
good day!

Refer to the previous posts. After using the Connection.Execute command refresh the Recordset using the ReQuery option.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.