Hello,
I am creating a new applications and i need to know how to couple a root.destroy and functionx() command to one button? I've tried to put the destroy command in functhonx() but that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Also, I am wondering if it's possible to refresh the toplevel window to get rid of old Labels and display new ones. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Create a frame in your top window and put your widgets on that. A frame destroy will destroy the frame and the widgets on it. Now you can create a new frame and widget set.

I've tried that but no luck. I wanna basically push a button and have the old labels disapear and the updated ones appear.

Looks like you need something simple like this:

import Tkinter as tk

def change_labels():
    label1.config(text='I need someone real bad.')
    label2.config(text='Are you real bad?')

root = tk.Tk()

label1 = tk.Label(root, text='Be alert.', width=50)
label2 = tk.Label(root, text='The world needs more lerts.', width=50)
button = tk.Button(root, text="Change Labels", command=change_labels)

# position the widgets
label1.grid(row=0, column=0, pady=5)
label2.grid(row=1, column=0, pady=5)
button.grid(row=2, column=0, pady=15)

root.mainloop()

May be you can keep the same label and update it's content. There is a nice way to do this with a Tkinter variable, described in this page http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/label.htm

I've tryed this but I got lost in the jargom. I'll try it again

I think the problem might be that i'm in a class. I'll see if I can restructure the class to make it work.

I am also having trouble coupling a destroy and functionx() command with one button. How do i do that

I think the question is difficult to understand. May be you should describe what you expect when the user pushes the button. Normally, with the button's command option, you can call a function or method, and you can do anything you want in this method.

Im trying to have the user quit a window and the program perform a function at the same time. I tried to put the destroy command in the fuunction but that doesn't work

hm , post the function !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.