Hi every one. This is my first Post. I am an electronic engineer and currently enrolled in MS Embedded Systems Engineering. In my project, i have to interface an Altera DE3 board to a windows based PC and achieve a data transfer rate of 100+ Mbps usin USB port. The board has a ISP1761 USB chip and i am very much sure about the way to control it using Verilog. Problem is on the PC end. I need a proper starting point for my custom driver for this communication. Tried a lot of google search but i am still confused that where to start with. I have worked in C++ before but have no idea what a Driver or API is.

Any help to get me started will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Come on guys!!! Any sort of help will be appreciated.

The Altera DE3 board came with a CD right? My bet is that is has a sample program usb-host/device. All Dev-boards I've ever worked did anyway.

[edit]
yup. I was right

[edit2]
According to this, it came with an API, so you might want to try reading some documentation...

[/edit2][/edit]

If not, maybe this is a good place to start if you don't want to write your own driver. (haven't used it yet, but heard some good things about it.)

Also: Bumping your own thread very rude IMO

Thanks for the reply. I definitely will look into the link you provided. The cd with DE3 contains a lot of info but all of that is for the board, none for the driver for Windows on PC end.

USB Blaster has API support but I will be using
"USB Host/Slave Controller with one mini-AB for host/device and two type A for device"

API USB Blaster is of no use for me. But i really appreciate your HELP.

Cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.