hi all
i am a newbie want to know how to get values from two tables in database. I hae two tables one is the personla information and the other table is the salary table .Both tables have id number which may join them to gather. But what i need to do is, i need to retrieve only people who have a salary of 2500. Is it possible. i have tried below but it does not work can tell me where i went wrong

select name,position,age,salary
FROM personalinformation, salarydetails
WHERE personalinformation.id = salarydetails.id
AND salarydetails.salary = 2500

PLease help. Thanks in advance

whats the error you encountered? can you explain. than may be some good result generate for you from others

For sure, they got error: ambiguity error, maybe the two tables have some same columns name, I see the syntax is correct.

Thanks all it worked...so my next step is that i need to save it in a new database table i created in the same database (access).... is it possible?

thanks a lot in advance

cheers

INSERT INTO newtable AS (select personalinformation.name,personalinformation.position,personalinformation.age,salarydetails.salary
AND salarydetails.salary = 2500)

but the porblem i encounter is that it says that INSERT INTO syntax error. Can anyone help please

thanks in advance

cheers

INSERT INTO newtable(name,position,age,salary) values AS (select personalinformation.name,personalinformation.position,personalinformation.age,salarydetails.salary
AND salarydetails.salary = 2500)

but the porblem i encounter is that it says that INSERT INTO syntax error. Can anyone help please

thanks in advance

cheers

Give us your code, we can't work with prediction!

i have pasted the code above already bro.....Because i need to save the values in a different table within the database. so i have a table called details. so i need to put all these generated values from the two tables into this table. when i tried compiling i get this error. invalid syntax.......attached down is my query string to place the values in another table. ihope this info issufficient ..... please help

Dim myQuery as String = " INSERT INTO details(name,position,age,salary) values AS (select personalinformation.name,personalinformation.position,personalinformation.age,salarydetails.salary
AND salarydetails.salary = 2500)"

If you run it against SQL Server or MS Access take this statement and run it there, see if there's error or not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.