I'm really a beginner in C++ programming, and the above problem is just a part of c++ excercise. Can somebody give me a tip how to implement this in C++?
The biggest problem for me is to implement and write this:
• red+yellow light on cat traffic light is 2 sec duration
• yellow light on car traffic light is 2 sec duration
• the red on car trafffic light and red on pedestrian traffic light (the simultanuous red light) is 3 sec

How to put wait. The programme just need to write on above probem on the screen.

How can I do this?.. Please if someone can give me example or tip or write a few lines of c++ code, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Traffic light table:

Car traffic light state Pedestrian traffic light state
red green
red red
red+yellow red
green red
yellow red
red red

Traffic lights work like this:
• green light on car traffic light is min. 5 secunds duration, and max Tc=30 sec.
• green light on pedestria traffic light is min. 5 secunds duration , and max. Tp=10 sec
• if there are more then 5 pedestrians on pedestrian traffic light before Tc (30 sec duration for car) the light on traffic light is changing so pedestrians can pass.
• If there are more then 5 cars on car traffic lights before Tp (min. 10 sec. For pedestrians) the light on traffic light is changing so cars may pass
• red+yellow light on cat traffic light is 2 sec duration
• yellow light on car traffic light is 2 sec duration
• the red on car trafffic light and red on pedestrian traffic light (the simultanuous red light) is 3 sec

The first state that is the 2nd state in the table (red for car and red for pedestrians).

Can you show us what you've done so far?
We're not making your homework ...

The above code is what I begin to do. I did it with switch / case, but I don' to really know how to implement this waiting (2 sec for yellow light and the other one). And I reall y don't know am I on the right way.

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main (){
    int selection;
    float pedestriansnmb;
    float carnmb;

do{
       cout << "\n\nTRAFFIC LIGHT";
       cout<<"\n***********************************************************";
       cout << "\n1. Pedestrian number";
       cout << "\n2. Number of cars)";

cout << "\n6. Exit";
       cout<<"\n***********************************************************";
       cout << "\nSelect: ";
       cin >> selection;
       cout << endl;

switch(selection){

case 1:
                            pedestriansnmb=0;
                            cout<<"\nPedestrian number is 0. It is green light for cars, and red for pedestrians.";
                            do{
                                cout<<"\n-----------------------------------------------------------";
                                cout<<"\nInsert number of arriving pedestrians.";
                                cout<<"\n-----------------------------------------------------------\n";
                                cin>>n;
                                if (n>4) 
                                {
                                pedestriansnmb=pedestriansnmb+n;

cout<<"\nNumber of pedestrians on traffic light is "<< pedestriansnmb <<". It is yellow traffic light for cars, and red for pedestrians. ";
                                }
                                else 
                                {
                                    cout<<"\n\n-----------------------------------------------------------";
                                    cout<<"\n Traffic light state is not changed.";
                                    cout<<"\n-----------------------------------------------------------";
                                }

You may not actually want to wait in real time. You would normally do that only for a realtime animation of the process.

It depends on what output you want. You seem to just want a line by line output of what happens after each input event. Each input event should probably have a time_delta to say whether it is for the current second (0) the next (1) or something further in the future. Each output line should start with the current_time, which would usually start at zero.

having a physical delay helps demonstrate, but the delay should be significantly scaled: I'd say 1/10th. you dont want to sit at a real stoplight for 30 seconds every time you demonstrate/test the program :P

Ok. Thank you. I'll see what can I do with this home assignement.

To the OP: Please post using code tags in future ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.