Can someone please help.

I have a dataset that is populated with a csv or a tab seperated txt. I get the datset fine but when I try to insert into a table in sql with bulkinsert I am getting an exception.

The table does not allow nulls in the column. So what I need help with is scanning the dataset for a null value and replacing with an empty string or int value.

I spent some time looking around and found some code that will testif a column has a null value but I cannot seem to find the values and replace them.

Any help would be appreciated.

I will post some code a little later, just not on my work computer right now.

Thanks in advance

You can solve it using default on database side, if you insert null value it automatically replaced by a specified value.

I wish that were true because it has a default of an empty string.

Thanks tho. I am looking into this more and I cannot seem to find a way to scan the entire dataset for dbnulls.

Man I wish this were a oneoff, I would just edit the file...lol

Thanks again, hopefully I can get this worked out.

Edit the file:|!!!!!!! I don't like such solutions! Any way mark it as solved if you want to dicuss more about this problem reply...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.