hi i am new to visual basic and i am using vb6, i have senior year project for invenotry managment system..my problem is that if one form is open then the user must not b able to peform other functions(open another form, close application etc) unless the current form is get closed please help me in this

show your form like this example..

Form1.Show vbModal

if you put vbModal when showing a form, this will prevent the user for clicking other form unless the form1 is close...

thanks for your help; but when i used vbModal debug gives error that object not found vbModal any suggestions??

Are you sure you are using Visual Basic 6.0 and not VB.NET or VBA (access, word, excel,etc)?

well i think if you are using VB.NET / 2008 you can do this code.. i think... LoL

FormName.ShowDialog()

hi;
my problem is solved by using vbModal actually the problem is in the installation of VB6 i have re-install it now the problem is solved, because in first attempt vb6 was installed with some errors. thanks for all of your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.