i have a question about the logic about the calendar question. I have to make a calendar, so user inputs a month (number 1-12) and a date, and the output is suppose to be: Friday, January 1, 2010. Suppose to be written in just simple c, no arrays or anything, only while or like for loops and stuff. I got it done and everything works fine, but the code is like 550 lines. my logic is as follows
input month m
input date n
then if checks if m==1, then it goes to while date>=1 (coz i only did for the days for the first week so if n=1 - then its monday, else if 2-tuesday......else if 7-sunday; break; ), and if 29 entered, at the end of the loop "else n=n-7" so it goes down by 7 untill it reaches the 1-7 numbers..
so exact the same thing for the next 11 months of 2010, the only problem is the every month starts with a different day of the week, theres like 2 or 3 month start with the same day, so i did if n==1 || n==3 then the days of the week as follows..
so my question is there any shorter way to do it?
thanks in advance

Keep track of the number of days per year. If you need March 12, that would be 31+28+12 (Jan+Feb+Mar). Now you can use your 7 days to get the days of the week. The % (mod) operator can help here.

lol yea thats right, i didnt think of that, im gonna try it now and see if i get it done that way :)
thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.