hi everyone. i get this error in my porject at runtime.actualy it was working fine. i added the jdbc jar to my project and here what i get at runtime

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: de/vogella/mysql/first/test/Main
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.vogella.mysql.first.test.Main
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main"

it works fine again f i remove the jar. anyone can tell me what the problem is.

check your classpath, there's an error in it.
Most likely you're not setting it properly so the directory with your compiled classes isn't included.

can u give me the steps as to what i need to change in class path. here my current class path value

.; C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\; C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\lib\tools.jar;

are you using an ide like netbeans? if you are then you can go to project properties and add the jar folder there and see if it works.

yeah i use eclipse. what i did was created a new folder named lib to my project imported file system. selected the folder which contained connecor file. then i acessed properties of the project then in the java build path in the libraries tab i added the jar file. it worked when i first created a project but than somehow it stopped working.i have a doubt it stoped because i instaled microsoft visio web developer.does anyone know the fix.urgently needed.thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.