I always come to dani web whenever i have some difficulties. Thanks to all of you.

I have a question regarding DLL's. A DLL file is to be written or we just write a CPP file and the compiler generates a DLL for this CPP?

Please answer

Thanks in advance

The compiler generates it.

The compiler generates it.

What! Please do not answer if you DO NOT know. You have to create a dlls separately. A dll is not a regular file. It is a library of functions which you can later import depending upon your requirement in your cpp file.

I find your implication that I don't know a bit offensive. You have not understood my answer. In your own link you create a cpp file (example1.cpp) and the compiler/linker generates the dll for you. The original question was simple and so was the answer I gave. Let's try to be a bit more polite in future.

commented: Good +0

compiler/linker generates the dll for you

This never happens. If you make a Package Project you have to Build the Project to generate it. If you want to make a DLL file you create a DLL project. You cannot expect a compiler to build a dll for you if your current project is a Console/MFC/Header Unit, etc.
I Apologize if you found it offensive, but please be elaborative when you post something.

Edit:

Let's try to be a bit more polite in future.

I didn't -Rep, I only down voted the post, as I thought it to be incomplete and/or misleading. Though you might be meaning something else, someone( even I) can interpret it as some random scenario: Say, you create a .h file in a Project consisting of functions & it's respective .cpp file. Now will you still say that the compiler will generate that DLL for you? I hope I make myself clear.

AKashL thank you very much. Also m very thankful to nbaztec for the link you gave. I got your point AKashL. Thanks a lot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.