Is there a snippet of code that will stop the cd rom drive from being opened. if so what is it.

Why should we. You just gonna try to screw up someones computer.

Why should we. You just gonna try to screw up someones computer.

Wow, dude that is a big assumption. I really dont appreciate you saying that. Actually it was for pure curosity. If you could not jump to conclusions like that i would appreciate it. Thank you very much

-T

O yea and igf you must no, way back when, when a posted this. i was looking to make a burning app. I wanted the cd tray to lock when they started to burn (so they wouldnt open it while it was going). That is all.

Please dont assume i am trying to "screw" up someones computer. Its just not right

-T

I don't remember if this is still so, and haven't trested it, but if a drive is burning and a request is received to open the tray, Windows will display a message telling you the drive is in use, and asking if you want to proceed with the request.

yeah when a cd is buring it locks itself

oh sorry then. I hadnt thought of what use a disk tray lock could have in a program besides trying to screw up someones computer. My apologies. -Nick

oh sorry then. I hadnt thought of what use a disk tray lock could have in a program besides trying to screw up someones computer. My apologies. -Nick

thank you for apologizing.

-T

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.