Hi, everybody. I would really like to know if there is anyway in which I can package two or more set up files together with my vb.net application; so that after installing the application, it automatically starts installing the other applications from the other set-up files.

In my case I want to include mysql server and client together with the application for a demo cd, that am making for a client.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

not sure ... but add them in the wizard when deploying the application

not sure ... but add them in the wizard when deploying the application

I tried that but umh.. the set-up files are are deposited in the program files together with the crucial files of the application. I then install the applications manually. I want them to install automatically coz i am approaching the deadline for the demo. Thanks for the suggestion Guru Jin. I think i'll just have to continue searching for the answer. :_(

try inno setup ... some of the people that were working on a VB.NET project back when I had SE course used it. might work for u as well ->http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

I was also thinking in terms of third party softwares. I will give it a try and see if it works. Thanks Champ! :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.