Hey please help me,
I'm beginner to C# programming using visual studio 2008 ,i wanted to develop student information management system,so i wanted to create a table in sql database and maintain all information.so i created a new project and went to create sql new database, i right clicked on my project name in solution explorer and choose add option and than chosen new item and in that choose local database and clicked ok i got this error, what this error mean and what i must do to overcome this error. please find the attachment of error message.

when i clicked ok on the error message,i got database1.sdf connection icon in solution explorer and i went to server explorer and created table there but when the table is saved by pressing ok, i got again error message as "Failed to retrieve data for this request"please any body there help me..

My guess would be there is something wrong with your .NET installation, such as a missing or corrupt component. You can spend days hunting for the faulty component or just reinstall Visual Studio.

Are you familiar with connecting to databases without using the designer?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.