Good Day all

i am using Navigation service as depicted below

<Frame x:Name="_home"     NavigationUIVisibility="Hidden" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"   Width="2749" Margin="0,12,0,0"   /> 

and i navigate to the Page like this

(Application.Current.MainWindow.FindName("_home") as Frame).Source = new Uri("/F1.xaml", UriKind.Relative);  

which work fine. now in the Navigated page, lets just say a page shown in the Frame,there is some functionality like Calculate ,e.g that calculates Age based on the years(Example). Now from the Main Page i have a Button that says Calculate , i want to call the function or invoke a button click of Frame page from the Main Page.

Well i have tried this from the main page

private void btnCalculate_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            F1 f1 = new F1(); 
            f1.CalculateYear();
        } 

no but does not work, the break-point does reach the F1 page but the UI does not have calculated results.

One other thing i tried earlier is to pass the value that will be used in the calculation from the main , but when the one follow the variable value they just return an empty string when you follow it while stepping through it.

How is this done

Thanks

So if you are trying to programmically click a button, you can do something like btnCalculate.PerformClick();. Is that what you trying to do, is programmically click the button? Or did I misread this?

Normally every form level events are declared privately. So you can not access them from another form or page . To do this you can create procedure publicly in a module or class and call it from any where in your application.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.