Hello,

I am brand new to Visual Basic, having done some programming in Basic many years ago, so this environment is all new to me.

I am creating my first project that involves solving a simple math expression. When I attempt to debug I get the following warning message, and the program fails to execute the solution.

Warning 1 The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\clarkj\Desktop\WebForm.vb' does not support code parsing or generation because it is not contained within a project that supports code. 0 0

I've tried searching for an answer to why I'm getting this warning but have had no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Which version of VB are you using firstly? Is it VB6? Also, what is webform.vb? Is it a project file that you made in visual basic?

It's Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition. When I run the wizard to create a new Windows project a form opens with all the proper headers in place so I can start entering code. I've created a few small test projects that worked fine, but this one has a new element. In order to use trig functions I had to enter Imports System.Math at the top of the form.

Well, the problem is solved. I went back and opened a few previous test programs to see if they had a problem and all of them failed to run in the debugger, giving the same warning message. I closed the visual Basic program and after restarting it all the programs ran as they should.

I guess a program bug showed up and restarting got it sorted out.

Thanks for posting the solution, so that others know how to fix similar problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.