Hey everyone. I dont know if anyone here can help me but I run a site powered by the Joomla CMS. I wanted to design a component for my site and I was wondering if i could use C++ to design it instead of PHP and just use the 'system' calls within PHP. If anyone has any idea/suggestions please post them. Thanks!

PHP and other server side scripting languages was specifically designed for the purpose of doing away with the cumbursome work associated with the server side scripting using C and C++.

If you anyways usign PHP functions why do you want to use C++ ?
Why not design the site using just PHP which has a lot of support and tuts on the net related to creating the site from start to end.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Hey everyone. I dont know if anyone here can help me but I run a site powered by the Joomla CMS. I wanted to design a component for my site and I was wondering if i could use C++ to design it instead of PHP and just use the 'system' calls within PHP. If anyone has any idea/suggestions please post them. Thanks!

No I think you're better of learning php. Especially if you're doing stuff on the fly.

php+mysql+apache is a grand combo.

Do you wanna use C++ instead of PHP 'cause there's a real benefit? Or is it just 'cause you like C++ better or know it better? The likes and dislikes of the programmer usually aren't a good excuse for picking an implementation language.

But! To answer your question, I've heard from the grapevine that you can use SAPI to that effect, but I have no idea how. ;) I remember hearing that it wasn't worth it too. If that gives you a place to start some researchies then woohoo! :cheesy: Otherwise, just ignore me.

Thanks for the quick response. I think thats what im gunna do. I just wanted to see if it would be easier seeing as i know C++ better but thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.