Hi to all,

I have a program that will print a file automatically after downloading it from the web server, the problem is how can i delete or cancel print job already in the printer queue... i already try

printer.killdoc

but it does not delete or cancel job that are already sent in the printer queue.

can anyone help me about this problem

thanks

Hi,

After
Printer.KillDoc

Give :

Printer.EndDoc.

This Ensures current printing Document is Terminated.

To remove all from Queue, Put in a loop and Check.

Regards
Veena

Hi Veena,

I already try that but still it does not work... and by the way what I want to delete or cancel is already in the printer queue 1 page only, can it be deleted or canceled or any possible way to do that...

if it is not too much for you, can you give me a simple example for this...

thanks Veena

Regards,

millanskie

one more thing, when i send file in the printer queue I already apply

Printer.endDoc

the reason for that is I really want it to be printed.... But for some reason like printer error or something that i need to cancel the printing

Printer.KillDoc

is no longer applicable... do you know some solution for this.... any idea.

Thanks

Hi,

After sending it to Printer Queue, u cant write KillDoc, as u said, it is no longer applicable.
and more over, KillDoc works for BackGround printing Enabled only, that is the application Starts printing immedialtely after u give "Printer.Print" statement. that means it will not wait for .NewPage or .EndDoc.
Printer is in the same system or is it a network printer?

Regards
Veena

Hi,

anyway thanks for your help, I appreciate it... I had try searching in goolgle and I've found something in this site http://www.mvps.org/vb about printer info and I already download thier sample program, I hope I can get the answer I am looking for....

Again thanks Veena for the help.

Regards

Millan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.