Here is html

<asp:datagrid id="mrpDataGrid" style="Z-INDEX: 289; LEFT: 576px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 512px" runat="server" Width="160px" Height="90px" autogeneratecolumns="False">
<AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="LightGray"></AlternatingItemStyle>
 <Columns>
  <asp:BoundColumn DataField="SCHEDULE_DT" HeaderText="Scheduled Date" DataFormatString="{0:d}"></asp:BoundColumn>
  <asp:BoundColumn DataField="SCHEDULE_QTs" HeaderText="Summed Quantity"></asp:BoundColumn>
 </Columns>
</asp:datagrid>

I need to get values of both bound columns to use in calculations.
TIA
javascript newbie

If the data are on the server computer, javascript can't see them, because javascript runs on the client computer.

the script i show puts out a aleart showing that there is 82 rows in the datagrid. i just have not been able to figure out how to get to the columns to retieve the data. i've tried navroot.rows(i). col[0], cells[0], several things and no luck.

<asp:table id="dmdTbl" style="Z-INDEX: 617; LEFT: 280px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 552px" runat="server" Width="184px" Height="60px" >
 <asp:TableRow ID="drows" >
    <asp:TableCell ID="DmdDate" Enabled=False ></asp:TableCell>
    <asp:TableCell ID="Dqty" Enabled=False ></asp:TableCell>
 </asp:TableRow>
</asp:table>

code is this:
            var ord = 0;     // set up int
            var dd = new Date();   //set up date field
            //ord = document.getElementById('dmdTbl').rows.length;     // fid # of rows
            //alert("value "+ord);     //display number of rows
            var rowposi = document.getElementById('dmdTbl').rows;    // set position of row
            for (var i=0;i<document.getElementById('dmdTbl').rows.length;i++) {  
                 dd = rowposi[i].childNodes[0].innerText;
                 ord = rowposi[i].childNodes[1].innerText;
                 // ..... do something with dd and ord
                 //alert("value "+dd+"ord "+ord+"cnt "+i);   // show values
             }     // end for loop

I hope this help someone else.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.