Member Avatar for Epic Tissue

Hey I am new to php and was thinking of writing a mailing list. Very simple, users enter their email into a box and click signup or whatever. I am just wondering.. where -or- how do I store those email addresses? Obviously storing them in a text file on the server would be risky. So do they have to be encoded or something?

Any advice or info would be helpful!

There is the RSS host.... they are for big places... and might be good for you...

http://www.rssfeeds.com/

And a quick google search found a few...

Hope this helps :)

you would need a database to store them.

You would probably want to use a MySQL table to store the emails. Then all you would have to do is write a php script that you can use to send email (Just make sure to password protect it for security!!).
PHPList is a pre-coded, easily customizable PHP mailing list application. Check it out on their website (Note to Mods: I'm not advertising this product as it's free. I'm simply providing a pre-coded resource that might be easier to understand/use).

commented: helpful and informative +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.