Hey guys,

I have a new server :P I am currently configuring it and I ahve come across an issue. The issue being that PHP 5 does not support MySql from standard. I have managed to resolve an issue with the installation of PHP on IIS BUT I am strugling to enable these required extensions for PHP 5 and MySql to comunicate.

The problem is that (I think) PHP doe4sn't have permission to load the DLL's:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0

So I need to find a way of allowing PHP to execute these extensions. I have tried adding them to the C:\WINDOWS directory, but to no prevail. Oh yes I am currently running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,
Josh.

Simple fix, don't use IIS. Get XAMPP or WAMP. Also, in your php.ini file try not specifying "C:" just put "\PHP\ext\php_mysql.dll"

Lol, was my though inistially, BUT I would really like to learn the ASP.NET language so I would require IIS :(.

Will try that now ;)

EDIT: Nope didn't work :(

Actually I tried that instially and another module besides these two didn't load. I used the extension_dir to specify the extension directory and another DLL started working, just leaves these two not working :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.