In need of creating an online fast food delivery system - please help... no idea how to begin! this is for a group assignment in university. we have to design a creative user and admin interface...

People aren't going to do your work for you. It's best if you make your own start and then come to us when you come against a stumbling block :/

Member Avatar for diafol

Be careful for what you ask and publish on forums. Another user recently applied for a thread to be deleted because the code (which was all his) he published could not then be used in his coursework (plagiarism rules). Threads, once replied to will not, if I understand it correctly, be deleted from Daniweb.

If you have no idea of how or where to begin on this simple assignment - ask yourself if you're taking the right course.

Some ideas of main elements:

1. Products list (e.g. catalogue-like system)
2. Orders (selectable from catalogue with quantity/price/running total/basket)
3. Payments and accounts if applicable (or pay delivery guy)
4. Confirmations (pages/emails)
5. Queue displays (fast food side)
6. Delivery guy assignment
7. Production/Delivery Completion confirmation

The above will be form and database driven.
Your DB design will be the key element to building a successful site.
Checkout some existing sites and gauge how they transfer data; how data is collated and how data items relate to one another.
MS Access has examples of product/order systems and there are plenty of online systems (varying in complexity).

hey this is not an attempt to get someone to do my work for me O_O... we have just started an internet application development assignment - its a group one - and i would like a few pointers as to how to go about this. thats all.. if anyone is able to help please help.. thanks..
@ardav thanks loads!

I'm sorry, I assumed the worst when I read the question. My apologies :]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.