HI,

THNX FOR HELPING IN MY LAST POST.

Now i wants the help in follwing problems.

i have a table in my sql named as "retailer001". i have a php page that have the
data entry form of all field that are in mysql table.

my table retailer001 having 11 fields (S No, Outlet ID,Date, Time ....... so on)
S No column has auto increment value and also primary key.
i have the php page which have the data entry form of 10 text field without the S NO
because the S No having auto increment and Null value.
In php data entry form i manually enter the date and time. i want help in that process. can any one
help me how can i enter the date and time in date and time column from system time automatically.

in clear words i want that i can't enter the date and time in data entry form. i want date
and time automatically insert into date and time column when i save or insert the remainings data.

please please please
please help me

Member Avatar for michelleradu

You can insert the current datetime by using NOW() when you actually update the table, something like this:

$insquery=mysql_query("INSERT INTO $tbl_name(field1,field2,created_at) 
	                     VALUES('a','b',NOW())" );

That means you need to have a DATETIME type column in your table ("created_at" in my example) which will be automatically be updated to the current date and time each time you insert a row in the table.

its simple

when u r inserting date and time ,in date and time field (insert query) write thos keyword '".date('Y-m-d')."' like

$sql = "insert into table (name,addDate) values ('$name','".date('Y-m-d')."')";

this will insert date in database now to ad time stamp you can write this

date('Y-m-d H:i:s' )( check format )

for further reference check this

http://www.w3schools.com/php/func_date_date.asp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.