Hello Friends,

Actually i am Sticken with a very peculiar problem, related to search

Actually i have a database with a column "Description" which has a long strings of 1000 characters describing about the produts of the company

for E.g. "We are manufcaturers of Plastic Raw material, platic containers, Elctrical items Etc.............." & so on.

so, the problem is that i want when some person search for particular item, i want to show them in the relevance order

for e.g.
somebody searches for "plastic container & raw material"

so i want the record to search for "plastic", "plastic container", "raw material", & "plastic raw material" and single words like "plastic", "Container", "Raw", "Material"

after the searching i want to put them in relevant order
-such as the string which contain the actual term should be at top
-String containing maximum number of keywords should be placed afetr that
-string contining all the single letters should be placed at last

Please help me
i can configure my database as per the requirement,
i am sticken at this point of time.

Hoping to get some better response from you folks

"Thanks" IN ADVANCE

from

Vikram Sachdeva

Dear Drew,

It is just an easy database serach, but i want to put that search in order of number of occurances, relevance, & last updated

Please read my question again, i have mentioned all the things there, hope you will able to help me

Thanks in advance

Vikram Sachdeva

I have helped you. I sent you a link to a tutorial that teaches you have to search a database.

Im not going to code it for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.