anyone mind lending a hand :/

basically, what I have is a code containing 2 iframes inside a div.

what I'd like to do is refresh one of the iframes when it's page recieves an update from another user.

perhapse I could load the page on the document load, and store those contents in a var.
then have a code that will compair the remote page to the var every second or so.
if the page compairs differently, update the var info and refresh the iframe.

thanx

I take it a day's worth of no replies means nobody knows how to do this... right??

*sigh*
and google hasn't shown me anything useful... yet,
but I'm still looking >_>

I'm only allowed to accesss the code in my forum's global header,
so the code has to be JS
(or something just as simple at least)

well I just found something on stack-overflow, but IDK if I should trust it on what I need it for >_>
(mainly because it uses jQuery...)

I can't use modules unless they're already on the net >_>
2 reasons for that:
1 - can't access forum files
2 - the wii can't UL/DL or copy/paste
(compy doesn't have net)

I wouldn't mind temporarily co-admin-ing someone (who I know/trust) if they could do this for me.
(I'd have to write the code down and type it in)

and I'll be honest here, I'm doing it for a chatbox.
(one that actually works for wii)
the chatbox requires you to refresh it manually,
so I'm trying to make it update every time it recieves a post.
I've already tried updating it every 5 seconds, and ended up having to remove the code >_>
(much too unstable)

if you have page a.htm. wich is the parent page with 2 iframes, you type in iframe a, and it reloads iframe b with the new text. is this your question? And you can only write in the header?

if you have page a.htm. wich is the parent page with 2 iframes, you type in iframe a, and it reloads iframe b with the new text. is this your question? And you can only write in the header?

close...

that already works as it is...
what I'm trying to do is,
I want the iframe to refresh when it's page recieves an update from another user...

and I can only update the code going into my forum's global header...
it's proboards... (if you know how that is)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.