Hello,

I am trying to access my website after having recently shifted hosting servers. When I try to access it I get the following error:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Here are the details of the error:

Error Code 0x8007000d
Config Error Configuration file is not well-formed XML

The error page tells me that the error is because of this line of my web.config file. Here goes:

<add key="strCon" value="data source=123.45.678.90; initial catalog=dbname;persist security info=False;user id=username; password=password; packet size=4096"/>

Now I have been playing around with this for a long time but to no avail. if the whole file will help please let me know so that I can go ahead and post that as well.

Thanks for helping me out.

Cheers

Have you contacted the hosting support number to maje sure this will work with their datasource?

Member Avatar for siju kuriakose

Hey, did you check your
<appSettings>
<add key="strCon" value="data source=123.45.678.90; initial catalog=dbname;persist security info=False;user id=username; password=password; packet size=4096"/>
</appSettings> tag close?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.