I always thought that Climate Change Deniers were a little odd but look what the Coal Industry has come up with - cute, singing lumps of coal. You can't make this stuff up.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

lol wtf only in america

especially "deck the halls with cleeee-een coal fa la la la la lah lah lah lah"

yea hilarious, I enjoyed 'frosty the snowman' piece :D

How about singing coal ash goo? Lots of potential there.

i would rather coal ash than radioactive sludge lol

i would rather coal ash than radioactive sludge lol

Yeah, all that arsenic, cadmium and lead in coal ash is good for the neighbourhood!

better than the alternatives

its like wind power. its bollocks. Lifespan of a windmill is 10-20 years and it takes huge amounts of energy to make the damn things (aluminium extracted via electrolysis) which also serverely damages the enviornment. And tey are ugly.

Same with hybrid cars, they use strip mining to mine the nickel and cadmium for the batteries, they dont last very long, and the extraction process has killed millions of trees in countries like canada.

Who says you have to use aluminum to build windmills? The present NiH batteries on hybrid cars do not use cadmium.

The safe life span of a nuclear power plant is 25 years and then you are stuck with a highly radioactive mess. If you use aluminum for your windmills, the metal can easily be recycled.

they have to use aircraft grade aluminium for the fins on electricity generating windmillls or else the blades are too heavy and not efficient enough to generate enough power to make them profitable in thier lifespan

and yes, re batteries, nickel has the same issue. A study found that they will run out of the materials to make the batteries in under 30 years if everyone changes to a hybrid car. Thats less than the amount of oil left.

they have to use aircraft grade aluminium for the fins on electricity generating windmillls or else the blades are too heavy and not efficient enough to generate enough power to make them profitable in thier lifespan

and yes, re batteries, nickel has the same issue. A study found that they will run out of the materials to make the batteries in under 30 years if everyone changes to a hybrid car. Thats less than the amount of oil left.

There is plenty of nickel and it can be recycled. Besides, newer batteries will use lithium.

Oh my God, I am dating an engineer and now I start to sound like one!

Just remember. Without electricity, much of which comes from coal, we wouldn't be carrying on this conversation.

Yeah, but it is the same electricity that lets those lumps of coal sing and dance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.