Not sure how many of you folks are into 3D or SciFi but thought this might be at the very least something of interest. Seems William Gibson's book Idoru (Idol), is in a very odd way coming to look more like a prophecy of future events... take a look here. Not really sure what else to say... I mean I enjoy the creation of organic models but this is a tad bit obsessive IMHO. :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Still not the real thing. ;) It still has the touch of CGI that just makes me feel not as attracted as I would with a real person. Who knows, maybe there are people out there (tremendously horny geeks) that can make one as real as s1m0ne.

Still not the real thing. ;) It still has the touch of CGI that just makes me feel not as attracted as I would with a real person. Who knows, maybe there are people out there (tremendously horny geeks) that can make one as real as s1m0ne.

Sorry but s1m0n3 has nothing on FeiFei, and wasn't s1m0n3 a live actor, not a 3D model? FeiFei is an add project in Japan, she sells soft drinks, computers, cloths, ect... she's 100% digital... and 100% unbeleivable. Take a look... sort of disturbing how close we're getting to making synthetic people.

FeiFei

Mind you she is about 4 years old I think... 3D tech has grown leaps and bounds since then...

Sorry but s1m0n3 has nothing on FeiFei, and wasn't s1m0n3 a live actor, not a 3D model? FeiFei is an add project in Japan, she sells soft drinks, computers, cloths, ect... she's 100% digital... and 100% unbeleivable. Take a look... sort of disturbing how close we're getting to making synthetic people.

FeiFei

Mind you she is about 4 years old I think... 3D tech has grown leaps and bounds since then...

s1m0ne was supposedly computer generated in the movie. Of course it's a movie and it's fake, but my point was that she looked real even though she was the product of a computer. I don't know about you, but I get turned more from seeing people that look real rather than computer-ee.

s1m0ne was supposedly computer generated in the movie. Of course it's a movie and it's fake, but my point was that she looked real even though she was the product of a computer. I don't know about you, but I get turned more from seeing people that look real rather than computer-ee.

Woah... ok I think your missing the point here, and it's certainly not about being "turned on" as you say. No the point is that we have synthezied nearly everything from culture, to genes, and we're getting darn close to doing it with people... mostly women because as you mentioned previously it does take a certain type of "individual" to spend thousands of hours creating one of these artificial models. Reagrdless, as per my point with s1m0n3, that movie is all live action, storyline or not she is not a computer generated character, she is played by a real person, who does existe in flesh and blood. I think your missing what is being brought to the table here... have you ever read a William Gibson novel? :-|

...just noticed the thread moved, why? It has not much to do with Web Development or Web Design.

Sorry, my mistake. I moved it back to the Geek's Lounge.

Woah... ok I think your missing the point here, and it's certainly not about being "turned on" as you say. No the point is that we have synthezied nearly everything from culture, to genes, and we're getting darn close to doing it with people... mostly women because as you mentioned previously it does take a certain type of "individual" to spend thousands of hours creating one of these artificial models. Reagrdless, as per my point with s1m0n3, that movie is all live action, storyline or not she is not a computer generated character, she is played by a real person, who does existe in flesh and blood. I think your missing what is being brought to the table here... have you ever read a William Gibson novel? :-|

...just noticed the thread moved, why? It has not much to do with Web Development or Web Design.

I understand your point, but you're misreading what I wrote. I'm giving you my point of view (my feelings) towards computer generated people. Of course I know that s1m0ne was played by an actual person, but in the movie, she was computer generated. If, in real life, it was possible to produce people of that same quality, it would be incredible.

I assume the book you mentioned has to do with your point. I have not read it. Nevertheless, I'm not disagreeing with you. I agree with your thoughts on our culture becoming more "synthesized." However, I was just giving you my thoughts on computer generated people, which you missed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.