I just recently bought The Matrix & Philosophy: Welcome To The Desert Of The Real. Off of http://www.thinkgeek.comthe book is amazing, including the website it's self.. If you have any theorys on The Matrix post please.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I belive......... that its a film made by two directors, one of which is currently undergoing a sex change.

I've read parts of "The Matrix and Philosophy" and it's mostly psuedo-intellectual crap, just like the movies are. Matrix is nothing but a poorly done allegory of Plato's "cave". If you want some real philosophy go buy Nietszche of Descartes, don't waste you time on the Matrix.

philosophy... what a scam....
anyhow, the matrix was a cool movie (the original) but then they threw in the newer ones, which blow.
the book wasnt that bad, but was poorly written. you have to think to make sense of it.
now to philosophy...
we are technically made of nothing if you use science to see that atoms are almost completely barebone except for a dot in the center (nucleus, if you didnt know) that can refract light. putting this into mind, everything is made of "dots". and if you have enough of these "dots", then you can make something. the more "advanced" these "dots" get, the more complexly they can form things. compare this to programs and you'll see it's closely alike. that's because when computers were made, they were to resemble lifes patterns, but that ended up going out of the window and computers were eventually used for other things, rather than lifes replica. but, now we're coming to an age where this may be needed, but shouldn't go out of control.
that's my little theory. flame on it, i don't care.

There is more to philosophy than simply ontology. There's religous philosophy, linguistics, psychology, ethics, epistemology, etc.

first time some one managed to put plato cave example on the big screen you should give credit for that.
know one can tell you the truth you have to experience it yourself.
can use a tip on how to do that ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :cry:

spend about six years trying to make a "brain probe", which would create a direct link into the brain from whatever is wished to, create links which will eventually connect to a computer, and learn how to do that stuff there. it's quite simple, actually... :)

first time some one managed to put plato cave example on the big screen you should give credit for that.
know one can tell you the truth you have to experience it yourself.
can use a tip on how to do that ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :cry:

No, it isn't. Many indie films did it long before the Matrix.

any example for such films ?
or any good suggestions on how to do that beside sitting in a cave facing the wall and eating rice for 7 years ?

Platoon, a small indie film used it.

And the idea of the cave isn't that profound. Something similar was believed by many religions prior to Plato's life.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.