So i started working for a new dating app that needed help launching a sugar daddies dating app in Switzerland. Now Sugar daddy dating is a very niche service so you cannot advertise on Facebook and Instagram. You have to find very smart worded methods and ways to promote it. Nethertheless We managed to get thousands of registrations. In the month of April alone i did 2.4 million impressions and 19,000 web clicks for a cost of 3000 swiss franks.
However there was some complications. Our CTO had not integrated a payment system so there was no way for us to make any money. Secondly and most vitaly our CTO had made the verification process 23 pages long. The 23 page verification took 30 whole mins to complete. Tinder has a 6 page verification process which takes 5 mins. Our verification process was so long that we lost 90% of users who registered.
Knowing this, who is to blame for the failed launch of the sugar daddies dating app?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't think it's a failed launch at all. You got thousands of registrations, congrats!!

Digital media is all about learning and adjusting. Facebook, itself, lived by the mantra to move fast and break things in its early days. Build stuff, get it out there, see what works, see what sticks, and be quick to change what doesn't.

So now you know what works and what doesn't. You found a way to get thousands of registrations, so that part was a success. You learned that your existing verification system is not as optimized as it needs to be, so you know what you need to fix. So fix it so the next thousand registrations will be verified.

As for all the ones who dropped off, send them an email letting them know the verification process has been streamlined into just a few simple clicks, and lure them to pick up where they left off.

Who to blame? the CTO or CMO?

Also, playing the blame game between executives at your company is not going to solve or fix anything. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Work as a team towards making every day better than the last. Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.