They should make a final fantasy type game with falout type black humour. That would be a good game.

Yeah, you're right about all the characters running together. I haven't played a lot of them, but I've played enough to realize that. Have you ever played X-2? It didn't look all that good, but maybe the storyline fixes the ending of the first one a little bit. I haven't playd it myself. I just got God of War 2 and after playing the first one, which was great, this one's even better. I still haven't beaten it yet, which is good because the first one I beat in two days which felt kind of short to me.

They should make a final fantasy type game with falout type black humour. That would be a good game.

I can't believe they made as many as they have. They're up to twelve now plus X-2 (a sequel to a sequel). On top of that they have Chronicles, I think one that's just called chocobo racing and a few others that aren't actually numbered in the series.

I can't believe they made as many as they have. They're up to twelve now plus X-2 (a sequel to a sequel). On top of that they have Chronicles, I think one that's just called chocobo racing and a few others that aren't actually numbered in the series.

Which ones are you referring to with that? I don't really know anything about the various Chocobo-related ones, but I do know that the games released several years (if I recall correctly, over a decade) back for the Game Boy system weren't really Final Fantasy games. The FF Legends series were more closely related to the Squaresoft/Square-Enix SaGa games, while Final Fantasy Adventure was the first Seiken Densetsu (_____ of Mana) game. The stuff I've read on it implies that the only reason they bore the FF name was for brand recognition within the US.

I didn't know all that. But you said the FF Legends series were more closely related to Squaresoft/square enix etc. Isn't final fantasy series still made by squaresoft/square enix? I keep getting these gaming magazines in the mail, even though I never signed up for any of them, and I remember seeing something about a chocobo racing game in it. Maybe I'm wrong. I thought the first few final fantasies were really old for nintendo or something. They made it for gameboy?

yeah, GBA.

Oh, they remade it for GBA? I used to have one that was given as a gift, but I can't find it.

I didn't know all that. But you said the FF Legends series were more closely related to Squaresoft/square enix etc. Isn't final fantasy series still made by squaresoft/square enix? I keep getting these gaming magazines in the mail, even though I never signed up for any of them, and I remember seeing something about a chocobo racing game in it. Maybe I'm wrong. I thought the first few final fantasies were really old for nintendo or something. They made it for gameboy?

yeah, GBA.

Squaresoft released a set of games known (in general, at least) as the SaGa series. The most well-known (in the USA) of these games will probably SaGa Frontier and SaGa Frontier 2, which were released for the Playstation, and were the first SaGa games published under the SaGa name in the United States. I don't know about anywhere else on that.

Yes, Square(soft/Enix) also published the Final Fantasy games. That's kind of the point. The three Legends games (Final Fantasy Legends, Final Fantasy Legends 2, and Final Fantasy Legends 3) owe most of their gameplay to the SaGa series of games; the only connections they actually seem to have with the Final Fantasy series proper is that they're rpgs that were made by Square. These three games were released in the early/mid 1990s, for the original Gameboy portable gaming system. They were marketed under the Final Fantasy name in the US because that name was at least semi-well known, whereas the SaGa name was not. In addition to the FFLegends set and the SaGa Frontier set, the SaGa series includes three games released for the Super Famicom system under the title Romancing SaGa; these never made it to the US outside of emulation, although I understand that they've released a version of the first RS game for one of the Playstation systems under the title 'Minstrel Song' or something similar.

For similar reasons, the game Seiken Densetsu was released in the US as Final Fantasy Adventure, again for the original Gameboy. Yes, the one with a black-and-white screen and four AA batteries not included. It is the first of the Seiken Densetsu line of games, and was followed up by Seiken Densetsu 2 (US: Secret of Mana) and Seiken Densetsu 3 (No official release, and I can't remember the unofficial english name commonly used online), both released for the Super Famicom (Secret on the SNES), and Seiken Densetsu 4, which if I recall correctly was released as Legends of Mana on the Playstation console. Even if I've got the name wrong, I know it's [something] of Mana on the Playstation.

And yes, the GBA recently saw a much-revamped version of Final Fantasy Adventure/Seiken Densetsu (1) released, under the title Children of Mana if I recall correctly. In addition, according to an article I saw in Nintendo Power some time back, it looks as though Seiken Densetsu 3 might be getting released for the GBA as well. Can't remember what the title's supposed to be.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.