Who do you think is the greatest threat to world peace?

Recommended Answers

All 85 Replies

I looked for the poll option "The Dude", but it wasn't there.

commented: ROFLMA +13
commented: haha +2
commented: now now, that wasn't very nice? xP +1

people trying to establish world peace are the greatest threat to world peace as they invariably try to do it through violence and intollerance towards anyone who doesn't agree with their definition of "peace".

Muslim radicals are an example (in their mind "peace" means Muslim world domination).
Communists are another example (in their mind "peace" means communist world domination).

And as there's currently no world peace to speak of (and never has been...) the only threats are those to the establishment of world peace, in the definition of an absense of organised violence between population groups.

Just my youthful/childish opinion:
"The greatest thread to world peace is the rapid destruction of the middle class!"

As the poll shows, the USA is the greatest threat to Al-Quede's and Iran's idea of world peace. Nobody in the western world should want them to succeed at it, unless of course you want to treat women as dirt, stone them to death for disobedience. and ban them from all forms of politics and educational systems. And that is probably only the tip of the iceburg -- see the thousands of bodies in mass graves we found in Iraq. If that's your idea of word peace them I think we might need to talk so that we can blow you to bits.

commented: Complete idiocy. +0

Sturm: what parts of my post do you disagree with? The "blow you to bits" part? Well that was sort of toung-in-cheek, not meant to be literal.

I think that China will eventually flex its muscles and "blow you to bits"!

As the poll shows, the USA is the greatest threat to Al-Quede's and Iran's idea of world peace. Nobody in the western world should want them to succeed at it, unless of course you want to treat women as dirt, stone them to death for disobedience. and ban them from all forms of politics and educational systems. And that is probably only the tip of the iceburg -- see the thousands of bodies in mass graves we found in Iraq. If that's your idea of word peace them I think we might need to talk so that we can blow you to bits.

The perception that the USA is the greatest thread to peace might be due to the fact that the USA has at least 1000 times the means to destroy the earth, more than any other country. It is also one very war like country!

Also, see the thousands of bodies in graves we have added in Iraq since 2003!

Biggest threat = america

they stir things up too much like in the middle east, they crap up iraq/afganistan and be chummy with israel and they have the cheek to say iran/korea cant have nukes when they have loads

The perception that the USA is the greatest thread to peace might be due to the fact that the USA has at least 1000 times the means to destroy the earth, more than any other country. It is also one very war like country!

Yes, <urinate> us off and we'll bomb the shit out of you! Got to admit the last 50 years have not gone very well. But if we (USA) don't take any action then we're criticized for doing nothing.

Yes, piss us off and we'll bomb the shit out of you! Got to admit the last 50 years have not gone very well. But if we (USA) don't take any action then we're criticized for doing nothing.

There is somewhat analogy to the Roman Empire, they got more and more powerful, more and more scattered, and their leaders got more and more feeble minded as time went on.

That's where we have the advantage -- our President doesn't have a lifetime appointment and succession is not based on birth. But I can't say the same for many of our senitors (such as Ted Kennedy) who have been in the Senate for many many years.

That's where we have the advantage -- our President doesn't have a lifetime appointment and succession is not based on birth. But I can't say the same for many of our senitors (such as Ted Kennedy) who have been in the Senage for many many years.

So senitor Ted Kennedy is in the Senage, very interesting! I can see a thread to world peace as we know it right there!

... and who the heck thinks that France is one thread to world peace? Maybe we have bad wine year or so? Frenchmen are lovers not warriors! Come foreward and I tickle you to pieces, or make your wife happy for a change!

>>So senitor Ted Kennedy is in the Senage
Oops! typing error that I failed to catch :icon_redface:

... and who the heck thinks that France is one thread to world peace? Maybe we have bad wine year or so? Frenchmen are lovers not warriors! Come foreward and I tickle you to pieces!

Yea I agree. I like this site. Don't know how accurate it is, but doesn't show France in a good light except to say that its impossible for France to whip anyone ass.

Barbary Wars, middle ages-1830.
Pirates in North Africa continually harass European shipping in Meditteranean. France's solution: pay them to leave us alone. America's solution: kick their asses ("the Shores of Tripoli"). [America's] first overseas victories, won 1801-1815.

Piracy on the high seas is still thread to international shipping! Somebody forgot to tell them about Tripoli (1801-1815).

all of them.

all of them.

I think so. Maybe post it on the internets.

You got the muscles, show them! We have the best veterans of any country.

Also, see the thousands of bodies in graves we have added in Iraq since 2003!

The US lacks that power. There's no nation on earth that has (or ever had) such power.
In fact all the weapons on the world can't even destroy the planet once, let alone a thousand times or more.
Even if you narrow it down to "just" destroying all human life, it's incorrect.
All the nuclear weapons in the world might have been (at their peak) enough to do that, and if they'd all worked as advertised and actually reached their targets there might have been an overkill factor of 3-4 times.
Still a far cry from a thousand times.
And one reason they built so many was because they knew full well that the majority would never reach their targets, so they deliberately designed for overkill.

And oh, the US does not actually have the largest arsenal.
That would be Russia (though the operational status of many of their weapons is questionable).
Maybe in numbers of actual warheads the US is ahead, but they're generally smaller warheads, enough so that the throwweight and yield of the total US arsenal is quite a bit smaller than that of the Russian arsenal.
And that's even if the Russian reports of numbers of weapons and warheads are accurate, which is highly doubtful. They may not know what they have themselves, and even if they do they are likely to not want some systems known to SALT and START treaty partners because those systems are in violation of those treaties).

... and who the heck thinks that France is one thread to world peace? Maybe we have bad wine year or so? Frenchmen are lovers not warriors! Come foreward and I tickle you to pieces, or make your wife happy for a change!

France is a thread to world peace through their support for every terrorist and dictator out there.
That support is not because they actually like those people (I think) but as payoffs so they'll be left alone by them.
Just another way in which France always immediately surrenders when threatened.

For French history condensed: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

France is a thread to world peace through their support for every terrorist and dictator out there.
That support is not because they actually like those people (I think) but as payoffs so they'll be left alone by them.

That may have been true under Chirac, but he's out of the picture now and a new more pro-American president has taken over. So we might see some reversal of those policies.

It's been true since at least de Gaulle, if not before. Sarkozy seems a breath of fresh air, but we'll have to see how long that lasts.

If France would have gone to Iraq with us, would we have actually won the war?

nope, because its not a winniable war

They used to call WW1 the war that ends all wars. Looks like no war is winable, it just postpones or sets the seeds for the next one.

If France would have gone to Iraq with us, would we have actually won the war?

fundamental rule of French warfare: France only wins if America does the fighting...

And Iraq is quite winnable, jbennet. Unless you get the leftists in control in Washington who are going to turn it into another Vietnam by making the exact same mistakes they made in Vietnam (micromanagement of military operations from Washington, making it impossible for US forces to engage targets by declaring large areas off-limits to military operations (and openly stating what those areas are), etc. etc.).
As it is the situation in Iraq is going pretty well. Most sectarian violence has ended, what there is is mainly government friendly forces mopping up the Iranian sponsored terrorists.

Of course the mainstream media, under direct control by Al Qaeda and their cronies in the "Democratic" Partei don't want you to know that so don't report it.
They only mention every single bomb and suicide attack as if it were a great victory for the forces of freedom (a.k.a. Al Qaeda) instead of a last ditch jerk effort by a group of loosers who know they've lost all support and initiative but can't get it into their heads that now's the time to give up and go cry on the shoulders of Hillary Clinton and Teddy Kennedy, their Great Leaders.

fundamental rule of French warfare: France only wins if America does the fighting...

And Iraq is quite winnable, jbennet. Unless you get the leftists in control in Washington who are going to turn it into another Vietnam by making the exact same mistakes they made in Vietnam (micromanagement of military operations from Washington, making it impossible for US forces to engage targets by declaring large areas off-limits to military operations (and openly stating what those areas are), etc. etc.).
As it is the situation in Iraq is going pretty well. Most sectarian violence has ended, what there is is mainly government friendly forces mopping up the Iranian sponsored terrorists.

Of course the mainstream media, under direct control by Al Qaeda and their cronies in the "Democratic" Partei don't want you to know that so don't report it.
They only mention every single bomb and suicide attack as if it were a great victory for the forces of freedom (a.k.a. Al Qaeda) instead of a last ditch jerk effort by a group of loosers who know they've lost all support and initiative but can't get it into their heads that now's the time to give up and go cry on the shoulders of Hillary Clinton and Teddy Kennedy, their Great Leaders.

My goodness Mister Rumsfeld! Let's celebrate then and bring the boys home by the end of the year!!!!

For French history condensed: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

US sold missiles to Iran shortly after they released the hostages (duh, does this seem suspicious?) and gave money to SA rebels
US supported the Shah of Iran
US support Noriega
US supported Marcos
US supported, you know, that guy who used to run Iraq
The US invaded Iraq looking for nuclear weapons but did not find them but did not even notice that syria, right next door, did have them (well, actually, was just getting close).
The US ignored Pakistan nuclear program since 1986 giving rise to nuclear weapons in North Korea and a pretty unstable Asian sub continent.
The US supported (indirectly) Osama b.l.
US support the white South African gov.
US supported well --- the list is almost endless

France controlled most of Europe a couple of times
France supported the US before it was a country

You probably don't even know that the US lost the very first war it started after the Revolutionary War. (yes Canada whipped our asses - with the help of UK)

"Just another way in which France always immediately surrenders when threatened

I hear you ignorant twits repeat this lie so often I am beginning to think that you might actually believe it but that could only be true if you don't read anything and listen only to Rush (and Rush wannabes).

And Iraq is quite winnable, jbennet. As it is the situation in Iraq is going pretty well. Most sectarian violence has ended, what there is is mainly government friendly forces mopping up the Iranian sponsored terrorists.

I know people serving in iraq and afghanistan and they say the exact opposite

My goodness Mister Rumsfeld! Let's celebrate then and bring the boys home by the end of the year!!!!

I just read that things are going so good in Iraq, that 3,000 of the US troops can come home by the end of the year. Not quite sure what the other 172,000 troops will be doing? Maybe help to pump the oil.

I still think in the long term China will try to conquer the earth, as they need space for their huge population. They have already started unconventional warfare with poisonous toys, food and vitamins.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.