ah sorry I mean the Community Reputation Points Awarded, didn't it started out as 10?

is it an issue that some newbie members start with their 'Community Reputation Points Awarded' as 0?

I think it doesn't work because some of the characters in that URL are invalid characters.

I see no invalid parameters, just uncomplite URL parser (sorry for jab)

Everything up to #managedQuery brings me to the exact same page???

This is classic sample of Java API where after hash parameters, as I'm sure you know, browser view will jump to specific section marked by params after hash. Page anchor are used all over Java APIs to link constants, methods or other stuff that is public and avaiable developer for use. Present URL parser breaks on any links that have square brackets inside as represantation of array being past as one of the parameters. Who ever design URL parser has forgoten or never used links to Java API

Member Avatar for diafol

Methinks it's Codeigniter.

CodeIgniter again, eh? :( Maybe it was a poor choice in frameworks to use ...

Member Avatar for diafol

Codeigniter is easy, but there are more robust options as I'm sure you're aware - Symfony2, Zend and Yii (my current fave) to name but a few. CI isn't so bad though, IMO.

Not to hijack this thread, but I've heard really good things about Yii, but I also heard that it isn't the best solution for newbies. Writing DaniWeb from scratch was actually my first project EVER. I started DaniWeb on vBulletin while still in college, and just hacked away at it little by little, without ever doing any other programming work at all, so this was actually the first time I wrote a real-world app in my life. I chose CodeIgniter because I heard it was the best for people looking for both a lightweight solution and a good intro to MVC.

commented: Great job :) +0

Oh, and I also chose CodeIgniter because it has a lot of built in libraries that suit my needs perfectly.

I'm happy to see that you fixed the bug that if you forget to add edit comments the editor erased everything you did :) :) Hurrey!!!

Now, if you would only not require comments for us normal folk.

I am currently only doing bug fixes now. I will start taking feature requests next week once all the kinks are worked out.

Do you plan to support silies ? like :)

You mean smileys? I'm currently having an issue getting the smiley parser to ignore code tags, but eventually. There are a lot higher priorities right now. Keep in mind I'm writing this entire thing completely and totally from scratch.

I'ts spelled "smilies" in the AD Directionary :) And yes, I realize its not a big deal, just put it near the bottom of your to-do list.

Upvoting does not succeed. I tried to upvote Mike's post and it showes canceling arrow without points, after refresh the points are zero and no cancelling.
vote_mike

commented: testing +0

Hmm, this is the first report I've gotten about voting not working. Can anyone else confirm? What if you undo the vote? Does it go to -1?

worked for me on pyTony's post here, although it took a couple seconds for the 1 to appear.

at 1,000 posts my user title at the left still says that I'm still a practically a posting shark though my profile shows that I'm now a veteran poster

also I did not receive any rep points from AD(twice) and Eagletalon when they commented on my post at the C, C++ and Windows forum even though they have a +14 and a +3 power to affect someone elses reputation

at 1,000 posts my user title at the left still says that I'm still a practically a posting shark though my profile shows that I'm now a veteran poster

I suspect that this is an artifact of the migration. Your default title from before the migration was stored in the database as a custom title, so you were "Practically a Posting Shark" despite having jumped up two default titles. The fix is to edit the custom title in your profile to be blank, then the default post calculations will take effect.

I did this for you, and now your posts are showing the correct title of "Veteran Poster". :)

commented: thanks +0

also I did not receive any rep points from AD(twice) and Eagletalon when they commented on my post at the C, C++ and Windows forum even though they have a +14 and a +3 power to affect someone elses reputation

check to see if a comment was left -- no comment, no change to rep points. Its also possible it may have been my fault -- repping is still a bit confusing, I may have pressed the up arrow before adding the comment and I think you have to add the comment first.

Note that all votes are created equal in the new system, and a vote without rep still counts toward the 24 hour lock on rep power. So if for example, AD gave one of your other posts an up vote without a comment and then voted with a comment on another post, the second vote would not apply any rep because the first vote put a 24 hour lock on AD's rep power against you.

I'll get Dani's opinion on that as she has the final say, but limiting that lock only to votes that have a comment seems more intuitive to me.

The menus wrap around now and are messy.
messy

This seems to be connected with zoom, as when I normalize zoom the wrapping stops.

None of the newsletter scripts are working at the moment. I need to get on this quickly if we are going to get an April issue!

Member of month cscgal? ;)

I'll get Dani's opinion on that as she has the final say, but limiting that lock only to votes that have a comment seems more intuitive to me.

Hmm ... I think this is actually a bug. The problem is that it's not going to be an easy one to fix at all, since the system was designed to only store whether or not you voted and not whether or not you voted with a comment in the posts table.

check to see if a comment was left -- no comment, no change to rep points

yes there was a comment left, how could I have known that it came from you if there were none, lol ;)

Note that all votes are created equal in the new system, and a vote without rep still counts toward the 24 hour lock on rep power. So if for example, AD gave one of your other posts an up vote without a comment and then voted with a comment on another post, the second vote would not apply any rep because the first vote put a 24 hour lock on AD's rep power against you.

tested it and your right simply voting without commenting would lock the rep power already

Hmm ... I think this is actually a bug. The problem is that it's not going to be an easy one to fix at all, since the system was designed to only store whether or not you voted and not whether or not you voted with a comment in the posts table.

I see, good luck then :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.