Long Title: "Here are some top topics recommended just for you" email recommends a thread deleted two months ago.

"what are the feature of window 10" was in my email and that looks to have been removed two months ago. As a moderator I can get to it but is the code behind this in need of a little update to not recommend content that was removed? What about folk that don't have this superpower?

I'll forward this email back to you via email with comment.

In short:

1. Received email from DW on 11/20/2019.
  2. Thought I'd read an item but discover it was apparently removed 2 months ago.

For a moderator, if this is how it works I won't complain (this is not complaining.) But if this happens to others they may wonder.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Thanks for letting me know. I think, if memory serves, that the recommended items picks from items you have access to (and, as a mod, you have access to deleted items). However, seeing deleted items is not a good experience for anyone, so I’ll have that fixed.

Thanks for that. Again, this is not a complaint but my observation and wondering if this happens to all. I take it that it does not so case closed.

So I just looked at the code and it seems as if we are already ensuring posts are deleted. I have a hair appointment I need to get to right now but I'll investigate this as soon as I get back.

A missing set of parentheses was to blame. Bug fixed.

Only about 5 minutes. I ended up not going back to investigate yesterday because I went out after my hair appointment and didn't get home until late.

commented: Thank you. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.