sometimes I get this error, if I try it again it works as expected.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Are you sure you're looking at posts since last visit across the entire site, and not just in a particular category?

just a particular category, such as "Coffee House".

I don't know :( I never use that link and it's a default vBulletin feature so I can't see it being buggy. I guess I'll just wait and see if anyone else has the same problem.

Would that error not occur if there had been no new posts since your last visit?

Well he says that right after he gets that error message, he'll try again and it will work.

I get that message two or three times a day. Just now happened again in Site Management -->Posts Since Last Visit.

*uses loudspeaker* Attn: DaniWebbers! Is this familiar to anyone else out there in Internet land?? If so, come forward and prove to us all that Ancient Dragon isn't imagining things.

Sorry, I don't regularly use that feature. Just tried it out now though, nothing seemed amiss, although that's probably quite likely to expect unless I would use the feature more often.

Can't say that I've had problems with it before. Must be bad luck :p

I use the per topic last post feature all the time and have not encountered the error message as of yet.

Might it be a case of a character mismatch? I, l, and 1, or O and 0, for instance.

Or it might be a zxnrbl in the connection garbling a character.

Ooh ooh, have just got the error message for the first time ever - exactly as The Ancient One reports.

In the Coffee House section, and when I immediately repeated the link clicking for posts since last visit it all worked fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.