Hi All -

I'm a new guy here, and I'm hoping perhaps you can expand my knowledge a bit when it comes to our industry. I've been developing .NET and SQL since the inception of .NET 1.0 when it was released in beta. SQL-wise, I've been developing both Oracle and SQL apps for about 15 years.

Here's the thing - I feel that it's time to focus more on growing my career the way I want to. Part of that is having location independence. So - if any of you might have a clue as how I best establish myself as a telecommuter, what to look out for, what to expect, etc., I'd be very appreciative.

I look forward to your responses!

Tim

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Tim,

What kinds of applications have you worked on?

Hi All -

I'm a new guy here, and I'm hoping perhaps you can expand my knowledge a bit when it comes to our industry. I've been developing .NET and SQL since the inception of .NET 1.0 when it was released in beta. SQL-wise, I've been developing both Oracle and SQL apps for about 15 years.

Here's the thing - I feel that it's time to focus more on growing my career the way I want to. Part of that is having location independence. So - if any of you might have a clue as how I best establish myself as a telecommuter, what to look out for, what to expect, etc., I'd be very appreciative.

I look forward to your responses!

Tim

Hi Tim,

What kinds of applications have you worked on?

Hi Valda -

I've done a few enterprise web applications (ASP.NET/C#) specific to both the financial and fuel industries, a Linux-based messaging solution for a web community (the web app was ASP.NET/C# again), and a few database applications using SQL Server 2000/2005 and Oracle 9i. For all those web apps, I did all my own database development.

Tim

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.