I want to test my ASP or PHP scripts by hosting my web pages. Could anybody tell me where can I find a free web hosting service so that I can use ASP or PHP scripts and do my practice of database connecvtivity using ASP/PHP?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You do not realy need hosting them outside, just install appropriate server on your local machine and test them there...
IIS for ASP and Apache for PHP

You do not realy need hosting them outside, just install appropriate server on your local machine and test them there...
IIS for ASP and Apache for PHP

But I would like to see how it works when putting the scripts on a web page which can be available online for review purpose.

My first site been hosted through my internet service provider so that is one of your options to see if your ISP does provide such service or is he charging reasonable price for it. If you student at university for IT you may speak with your teacher and request to be allocated some web space or working for company your comapny admin may do something for you. Otherwise I have no idea about free hosting as I never been interested in such thing, to much advertising for my taste

Awardspace.com is pretty decent, I know that they support PHP. I'm not sure about ASP though. There's no banner ads or anything, and they're a free host. I use them, myself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.