strange question, I play a lot of online poker, non-cash games, just for fun. Is there anyway to find out a ip address of rude, obnoxious and vulgar players that are there for no reason other than cause trouble?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Unlikely. In any case, doing such a thing would be a breach of privacy. Hacking them or whatever else you intend to do with their IP addresses is highly illegal, and you could find yourself in court after doing such things. If you find that a particular user is abusing the system, the best solution is usually to contact the person who runs the system for them to take care of it. If they don't, find a better place to play your poker.

indeed "or no reason other than cause trouble? " sounds a bit illegal

You will not be able to get there IP address UNLESS they send you an email and can't you block that person on the web site or ignore them.

You will not be able to get there IP address UNLESS they send you an email and can't you block that person on the web site or ignore them.

You will be able to get their IP address in email only if they are not using email client such as Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail. The email has to be from their ISP(internet service provider)i.e. SBCglobal, ATT, Cox, RoadRunner, etc. The IP address seen in email headers is that of the Hotmail or Yahoo etc...

Also, possibly if you use a Private Messaging client like Yahoo Messenger, WindowsLive Messenger, AOL Messenger; by opening a window to chat privately, and in the command prompt window type: Netstat -an, you may capture the IP address of the person who you're chatting with.

But having said that, why would anyone be obsessessed to want to find out someone's IP address because a person is being rude or obnoxious? (Im laughing too hard here). Hello, it's the internet!

And having said that,,, The girl at the dry cleaners counter and the Starbucks waitress is rude and obnoxious everytime I see them! Get over it. Who cares...?

You will be able to get their IP address in email only if they are not using email client such as Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail. The email has to be from their ISP(internet service provider)i.e. SBCglobal, ATT, Cox, RoadRunner, etc. The IP address seen in email headers is that of the Hotmail or Yahoo etc...

Also, possibly if you use a Private Messaging client like Yahoo Messenger, WindowsLive Messenger, AOL Messenger; by opening a window to chat privately, and in the command prompt window type: Netstat -an, you may capture the IP address of the person who you're chatting with.

But having said that, why would anyone be obsessessed to want to find out someone's IP address because a person is being rude or obnoxious? (Im laughing too hard here). Hello, it's the internet!

And having said that,,, The girl at the dry cleaners counter and the Starbucks waitress is rude and obnoxious everytime I see them! Get over it. Who cares...?

That will usually just bring up the Messenger server you're connected to - not who you're actually talking to. Still not sure why anyone would want to find out though lol.

Dazza :cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.