PR and marketing
Pls not thats Public relations, not page ranking? what the?

Hi I am doing some research on marketing and Page Ranking for It companies. I was wondering if you guys would so kind as to lend some of your advice?

Q: What sort of events and launches do large It companies employ to try and get people to attend information sessions.

Q: What is the best way for It companies to gain awareness?

Q: Can you list some online sites that deal with It news? Particularly in Australia. (i have already found some want to top it up) Which ones are credible?

Q: Is there a database of It companies (in australia) so I can look at the market place?

Q: what are the key demographics for It engineers, Network engineers and CIO's, what other people would be purchasing business software and storage solutions?

Q: Where can I get me some potti-tang? (lol)

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try google adwords, find local news paper sponsoring a news about your company.

Q: What sort of events and launches do large It companies employ to try and get people to attend information sessions.
A. There are many tricks in this trade. They sometime create links with well known consultancies and have then do the PR e.g Gartner, Cold calling, Book a booth at a IT conference of some sort.

Q: What is the best way for It companies to gain awareness?
A: First it depends on your sector. You could sponser a survey/research that your software is applicable to. This highlight the issue and show you as a solution. Again you can present at conferences.

These are all I can help you with because I am not down under.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.