Now I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to put this, or how it will be received at all, but let me try to explain my situation.

I'm an up and coming programmer, and by that I mean I know the basics (HTML, CSS) and the odd smattering of others (PHP+MySQL, Action Script, etc,.)

My question is what do I need to focus on learning after PHP & MySQL to be a competent, and dare I say good, programmer(focusing on website design for now, but later wanting to venture off into other areas of programming) and what are a few good resources to get me started and hopefully become proficient at them?

I appreciate any help I can get and I thank you for your time.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I would recommend Java or C#. There are forums for both of those here to assist with questions:
Java
C#
The Java forum has a Read Me: Starting Java post at the top of the forum with plenty of information to help you get started. I didn't see such a post in the C# forum, but I am sure they could point you towards some good intro material if you were to ask.

ya right ..start with c++ then java...it will take time but relly worth the efforts..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.