I have passed my MCSE exam. Now, I plan to take more certification exams, but I am confused. Can anyone tell me what's good for me now

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

How does it go cos i also want to sit for the exams (MCSE). Can u give me some clue of aw to pass the exam at one sitting and also recommend some books or free tutorials and links that helped u pass d exam

depends what you are interested in - there are cisco exams, red hat, suse, ubuntu, juniper, checkpoint, dba, hardware etc

I think you could look at some applications that run on Windows, e.g exchange, Ms SQL, etc. Most small and medium size businesses will want you to support the applications that runs on the OS (especially if they are Microsoft's).

Please don't think that certifications will substitute for experience; they won't. They might get you in the door but people with certs and no experience are known as "paper" MCSEs and are looked down upon in the IT business.

But your question was what certs should you pursue next...so to that question I say SQL Server or MSCD (Developer). .NET and SQL Server are hot properties right now and probably for the next several years to come. A SQL Server cert (MCDBA) is very impressive because of the difficulty in getting one.

Dear sir,
i have done Bsc(IT).BUT i want to join some course,mcse or dba.which course is better for me.

Sir
i am confused to which is better for DBA OR MCSE.AND MY KNOW HOW MUCH FEES THIS WILL TAKE.BECAUSE I CANT AFFORD HIGH FEES

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.