i want to make my own search engine as google what should i do...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

1) Make a spider to crawl the web that follows every link it can find and scrapes important infomation about the linked page.
2) Log the results into a database. (You will need alot of storage.)
3) Create an algorithym that searches your database based on what a user entered into a search field and return the most logical reply.
4) Optimize 1, 2 and 3.
5) ....
6) Profit. goto 4)

Huh.. be serious man. This is not easy.

Huh.. be serious man. This is not easy.

Nobody said "this will be easy"... All Omol did was outline the base steps involved in response to a single (partial) sentence request for information.

In all actuality, if you're in a position to be asking "i want to make my own search engine as google what should i do" you don't currently have the skillset to do so. At least that's my opinion :twisted:

No faulting a person for being ambitious though.

Indeed. If it were that easy we'd all be doing it and enjoying our billion dollar payday.

Actually, it is easy to make a search engine. The hard part is making a good one.

I could put one together in an hour or so, a perl spider, a mysql database and a php front end.

It would be rubbish and take years to populate my database with anything useful. Its all but impossible to enter the search engine market now, mainly due to the amount of time the others have had to mine data.

That is, unless you can come up with something so awe inspiringly diffrent that works.

That is, unless you can come up with something so awe inspiringly diffrent that works.

My point exactly. Which is the part that isn't "easy" :twisted:

Quite. What isn't easy is making a "search engine as Google" - which implies one with the same depth and the same impact upon the world.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.