Hi,

We are a group of s/w professionals in US wanting to start an offshore center. We want to decide between Chennai/Pune. Which location would be better ? What are the factors to consider ? Any web site which will give info ??

Thanks in advance,

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have been working in India & US for the past 9 years in Offshore Development and my advice would be to start the center in Pune. There are various reasons. Primary reason being the availability of resources who have good communication skills, secondly promixity to the Pune Airport/ Mumbai Airport. Excellent infrastructure in Pune and the climate in Pune. I am myself thinking of joining some like minded Software professionals to start an Offshore Development Center. My email id is vimsam@yahoo.com

<snipped-content/>

:lol:

Hi,

We are a group of s/w professionals in US wanting to start an offshore center. We want to decide between Chennai/Pune. Which location would be better ? What are the factors to consider ? Any web site which will give info ??

Thanks in advance,

It would be good to have this started in Noida, place near delhi, which is very good for IT and coming up very well, Resources will not be a problem there.

Pune will be better than Chennai
> availability of skilled employees
> IT parks at hingewadi , talawade , magarpatta and many more
> good infrastructure
> Better environment to work .

- ve points
> lack of international airport
currently plans undergoing to create international airport at chakan(pune) also approximately 2- 2 1/2 hrs drive from mumbai international airport by expressway

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.