Today, my Yorkshire Terrier, who I had since the 9th grade, passed away :(

https://www.facebook.com/dani.at.daniweb/posts/10153577862480075

I actually started DaniWeb.com in high school as a photo album all about Sheyna (and my maltese, Mitzi, who I got a year later), and it eventually expanded into a community of yorkie and toy breed dog owners from around the world. I ran the site and grew it through high school.

In college, when I decided to make a community for programmers as a hobby, I didn't want to spend any money and buy a new domain name, so I just decided to recycle the one I already had about my dogs.

Sheyna started it all ...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

I remember when my dog died, it had quite an effect on me. Mine was a golden retriever. I think I was about 7 years old when we got him, so I grew up with him. He was very old, and died in his sleep one day before he was scheduled to be put down.

Sorry Dani :(

I've gone through this as well. It is heart breaking.

I've lost six pets over the last 32 years and I've found that it never gets any less traumatic. My condolances.

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Member Avatar for Warrens80

I rememberd when my hamster died

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.