I'm seeing some non-standard behavior between devides when on desktop mode in mobile browsers. Encouraging people to load up DaniWeb from your mobile device, and then click the 'Desktop View' link in the footer, and post a screenshot of anything that looks off. Much obliged!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The only strange behavior I see is that at page load, it first comes up as the mobile design, then 1/10 of a second later (a flicker), it displays as the mobile-desktop view.

Aside from that, I'm loving it so far.

The only strange behavior I see is that at page load, it first comes up as the mobile design, then 1/10 of a second later (a flicker), it displays as the mobile-desktop view.

That's by design. We override the native mobile design via javascript, so the flicker happens when the page finishes downloading and the javascript is given a chance to execute.

Actually, on second thought, you just gave me an idea. I think I might have a way around that.

Gah, that just broke stuff! I'll give it another go later or tomorrow.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.