I need a good Mac / Atari Stacy emulator for Linux / Windows, but I can't find any good user-friendly ones. They all give me these "ROMS not installed" and "error restarting emulator" errors.

I have used SoftMac, PearPC, and Gemulator, with all the same error.

Any good emulators?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I need a good Mac / Atari Stacy emulator for Linux / Windows, but I can't find any good user-friendly ones. They all give me these "ROMS not installed" and "error restarting emulator" errors.

Hmm... are you sure you have installed the BIOS/ROM file? Often emulators require you to download an external ROM or BIOS file which allows it to boot, and without this file the emulator won't work.

For example, the PearPC configuration wiki:

nvram_file = "nvram"

Make sure that you have the nvram file, and that it's the same directory. If not, you should change this to reflect the path of where the nvram file is located.

Also, you are trying to emulate a PPC operating system, aren't you? x86 of course, will not work.

And no, sorry I don't know of any other emulators that you might find easier.

I have used SoftMac, PearPC, and Gemulator, with all the same error.

Any good emulators?

I can recomend winston. You can also download source, but you'll still need the TOS (ST DOS) ROM image. Last I've heard is someone is claiming the copyright on it.
It's something like having a PC emulator on MAC, but you still need to buy a copy of windows from MS. Or BIOS from award.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.